Pie is one of the various ways to cook with fresh fruits, this quintessential fall dessert comes in an infinite number of shapes and sizes and with an infinite number of fillings. Be sure to add a personal touch to your pies with one of these pie crust decorative ideas.
1. Cut out leaf shapes
This pie crust looks like a work of art. Don’t worry though, you don’t have to cut these leaves by hand! The tutorial calls for a cookie cutter via The Story of Kat.
2. Don’t forget to get creative. Leaves come in many varieties, after all. via Bella’s Banquet .
3. Make a classic lattice top
This recipe is good for any kind of pie. Follow this simple tutorial on how to make this pie crust. If you are feeling extra adventurous, twist each of the lattice pieces for an added touch via Sweet Dreams Cake App.
4. You can try more than one trick at once. This beautiful apple pie on V & Co. has leaf cutouts on top of a lattice.
5. Make a pretty ruffle layer with strips of dough. Instructions at Go Bold with Butter.
6. Layer cut-out shapes like fish scales.
7. For double extra credit, make a lattice out of braids, Get more great crust ideas from Go Bold with Butter.
8. You can use your favorite cookie cutter – heart, Get the recipe for this cranberry pear pie at Savoring Spoon.
9. Spiral Pie Crust:This one is easier than it looks via Recipe Tips.
10. Pie Crust Edges
This is something small that you can do to make your pie look better. Click on the link below to find out several easy ways on how to make your pie crust edge into a masterpiece via Better Homes And Gardens!
11. You can even spice that up a bit, with a herringbone pattern via Style Me Pretty.
12. Don’t forget the basics, like crimping your crust edges Via Better Homes & Gardens.
13. But don’t stop there. This floral design is almost too pretty to eat via A Taste of Home.
14. It’s a little extra work, but this braid will blow their minds via Martha Stewart.
15. For a modern take, try this unusual idea via Martha Stewart.
16. If you’re going for a solid-top pie, you can spruce that up with a doily pattern via Wildwood Collective.
17. Shallow muffin tins make for great mini crusts via She Wears Many Hats.
18. You can try ALL the tricks at once. Get the recipe for this basic pie dough at Martha Stewart.
Source: Martha Stewart
The following is a nice video tutorial…