Do you know how to do some cool things with salt ? Salt had been so treasured as salt of the earth, But nowadays, salt is cheap, ubiquitous, and taken quite for granted. However, after unearthing these incredible salt-based cleaning “hacks,” salt may be making a powerful comeback. Be creative, use what you’ve got, work smarter not harder. Get your nasty old iron, some Sodium Chloride (table salt), wax paper, a cutting board, and your iron will be as good as new in no time!
You steam iron may have some dirt build-up onto the plate after using a period of time. All this gunk might transfer onto other clothing the next time you smooth out wrinkles. Keep it clean with the help of a basic ingredient you have in your pantry — salt!
- put some salt on a paper towel or a cotton towel
- run the iron over it while it is on the highest setting with steam turned off. The dirt shall stick to the salt, thereby leaving your iron sparkling clean
- After a couple of runs, unplug the iron
- wipe clean once with a soft cloth once it’s cooled
In case there is molten plastic stuck on the sole plate, sprinkle some salt on a piece of aluminum foil and iron it. This shall help loosen the plastic from the bottom.
Here is a video for 7 interesting ways to make that Salt Shaker spice things up!
1. Remove Iron Stains and Gunk
2. Easily Clean Up and Egg
3. Put Out a Grease Fire
4. Easily Remove Grease and Food from Pan
5. Renew a Dish Sponge
6. Get Rid of Bathtub Stains
7. Unclog the Shower Drain
Do you have some nifty tricks of your own?