Have you ever dreamed about being a ballerina as a child ? Are you a mom of a girl who loves ballet or simply likes delicate, handmade decorations ? Anyway, you’ll like this adorable Paper Ballerina DIY project. It’s a great idea for moms and daughters that can make a lovely decoration for girls’ bedrooms. This cute idea comes from Stariy Chemodan’s blog, but since the original post is in Russian, we’ve decided to present the whole tutorial with our description of steps.
Supplies you will need:
- Wire (flexible, good to keep the shape)
- Multilayer napkins;
- Starch paste (can be diluted PVA glue);
- Transparent fishing line;
- A pair of scissors;
- A fine needle.
1. bend the wire into a “skeleton” of the figurine.
2. Divide the napkin into layers. If the napkin is patterned, use only plain layers. Remember to leave some single-layer napkins for later.
3. Tear the rest of napkins into 1.5 inch wide strips (don’t use scissors). Now, take your wire outline and wrap it with paper strips, then cover it with the diluted starch or glue. You can also dip it into the solution.
4. Divide the napkin into layers. If the napkin is patterned, use only plain layers. Remember to leave some single-layer napkins for later.
5. Fold the napkin as if you were going to cut out a snowflake.
6. take the whole napkins. Choose the right length of the dress for you ballerina and cut the napkin. The hemline should be rounded.
7. Curl the “dress” in two directions for the best folds.
8 . Prepare at least two layers of dress for one ballerina.
9. Make a little hole at the top of a dress and put it on a figurine.
10. Take a thread and wind it around the waist of the ballerina.
Here are some projects for show.