Santa hat chair cover is an easy, fun and lighthearted way to dress up your dining room and delight guests for the holiday. When you are preparing for the Winter Holidays, Christmas the most important one you have to think also on hoe you will decorate your table and chairs for the festive dinner. You can keep this decorations until Christmas its over. It will change your home design and it will look great.
These Santa hat chair covers are made from felt so they hold their shape really well. And sewing is minimal since hemming is not needed.
What you will need :
White felt (35-40 strips)
Hot glue gun
1. Measure your chair. You need to know how wide it is at its widest part and how tall the back is. Without knowing these dimensions, your chair covers probably won’t fit!!
2. Add an extra 1/2 inch on each side except for the bottom for seam allowance. Trace and cut out your measurements on the red fabric twice for two pieces.
3. Place the two pieces together and sew along the edges except for the bottom. You should use a 1/2 seam allowance. You will be flipping the cover right-side out, so it you are using a fabric with a “right side,” make sure you place it to the inside.
4. Trim off the 3 points.
5. Turn the cover right-side out. Iron flat.
6. Sew a straight line across the top of the chair cover, right where the triangle shape starts. This is to keep the chair cover from sliding down.
7. Cut a 2.5 inch wide piece of white felt that is the same “width” as the bottom of the chair cover. Add 1/2 inch for seam allowance.
8. Sew the two ends of the white felt together. Turn it right-side out and slip it around the bottom edge of the cover. It’s best if you align the white seam with a red side seam.
9. Sew the two layers together, using a 1/4 inch seam allowance.
10. Cut long stripes of white felt, about 1/3 inch wide. Cut those strips into 4 inch long pieces. You should make about 45-50 small strips per pom pom.
11. Wrap a piece of your upholstery thread around the middle of your felt strings. Pull tight and knot several times. Trim excess thread and then fluff up the pieces to look more like a pom pom.
12. Hot glue gun the pom pom to the tip of the triangle on the seat cover. Hold for a few seconds.
13. Repeat until you have enough chair covers for your set!
14. Place on your chairs and enjoy!
Check out more detailed tutorial to learn how to make this festive Santa Hat Chair Cover , create your own Christmas home decoration HERE :