Looking for some cute craft ideas for your holiday decoration? Here is a creative and interesting way for you — DIY Christmas ornaments with yarn. This DIY project is also good for kids. It is very similar to filigree artwork, which commonly refers to delicate jewelry metalwork made with twisted threads soldered to the surface of an object. We can make some variations and use yarn to create this beautiful Christmas star. These DIY yarn ornaments are really unique and so beautiful. With the same technique, you can make other patterns of Christmas ornaments, such as bells, hearts, Christmas trees and so on. These DIY yarn ornaments will be fabulous additions to your home decoration. Enjoy !
For making this yarn star ornament, what you will need:
- Red colored yarn
- White glue
- Polystyrene tray
1. Mix some water and glue in equal quantities in a bowl.
2. Soak the yarn in it and keep one end unsoaked so that it is easy to handle.
3. Draw a star shape on the back of a polystyrene tray or use a paper template.
4. Poke toothpicks in the tray at the the outer and inner corners of the star shape.
5. Tie the unsoaked end of the yarn to a toothpick and finish the star shape with yarn by passing it through the toothpicks in a way that the yarn will come at the outside of outer corners’ toothpicks and inside of the inner corners’ toothpicks.
6. Remove the template if placed.
7. Make circular patterns filling the star.
8. Let it dry and enjoy your cute decoration .
The original instruction is written in Spanish.