If you have some old sweaters that are sitting in your wardrobe for a long time, either because they are out of fashion or don’t fit anymore, you can upcycle them into a cozy DIY pet bed . Here is a nice DIY project to make a comfy pet bed from an old sweater. It is perfect for the great little member in your household. Look at how this cute kitty enjoys its new bed. It works for small dogs too. It’s very easy to make and just requires some sewing. Let’s make it for our pets so that they’ll have a nice place to rest and relax!
Here are the materials and tools you may need:
Polyester or cotton fillings;
A flat pillow;
1. Prepare an old sweater or new one we are going to use.
2. Use pins to mark down a line under the collar and sew to close the collar part.
3. Insert the polyester fillings through opening of one sleeve of the sweater all the way through the other sleeve.
4. Tuck the sleeves into each other and sew to connect them together. Now You have the basic mold for the pet bed.
5. Stuff the body part of the sweater with a flat pillow as the base.
6. Turn the pet bed upside down, use pins to secure the edges and sew around the edges of the base.
7. Turn the bed back and it’s ready for your pet to enjoy!
For a closer look at how to make a cozy pet bed, here’s the link to a nice video tutorial on YouTube…