What you will need:
– sharp scissors or knife;
– four glasses;
– food coloring.
1. For pure colors you need to choose a white rose that is near its blooming stage, for on the dark-colored roses your rainbow colors will not show through and a rose already in its blooming stage will accept faster the color.
2. The first phase is to trim the stem of the rose down so it is the length you want.
3. Now cut the bottom of the stem in four at an angle. Make sure that the cut is deep enough to fit the dyeing containers.
4. Move on to splitting the stem into four sections using a sharp blade. This cut should go up to 3 cm away from the base of your rose petals. The four sections determine the number of colors your rainbow will have.
5. Prepare the dyeing containers by combining a few food coloring into four water glasses. Note that the more food coloring you use the stronger your rainbow will glow. Place every stem section into a container with a different colored water
6. Leave everything to sit for a few days. Some coloring will be noticed within the first half of hour, but for as long as the rose sits there, the more vibrant your colors will be. Enjoy !
Please check the Video tutorial below from Youtube.