I love this really great recipe for homemade corn dogs. These delicious homemade corn dogs are great food for kids. Because I can buy healthy hot dogs and have control over exactly what my kids are eating. Organic ingredients etc. Most people think that corn dogs are gross but I think this is actually a perfect way to prepare them and make sure you get all the healthy stuff you want.
Prepare corn dogs at home just like those at the fair. They are easy made and yummy! At first mix all the dry ingredients, add eggs and buttermilk or milk. Then mix till lump free. Skewer the dogs & dip into the batter to coat. Deep fry in 350 degree oil. Remove when golden brown, about 5 minutes.
Ingredients: (Serves 10)
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk (regular milk works too)
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 (10 count) package Hot Dogs
- 10 wooden skewers or chopsticks
- 2 Quarts Vegetable Oil, for frying
Make sure you head over to the Life As A Lofthouse blog and get the full recipe for DIY homemade corn dogs . Check out some of the other great posts while your there too!
Here’s the link to the recipe…