This wooden picture idea is so creative and fun ! If you feel bored about buying a photo frame , or want something unique for a modern home decoration, you may love the trick featured in this tutorial – transfer your photo onto wood . Your memorable moment onto wood will create your own custom piece of decoration. Try to make a whole series of these vintage looking wood art “paintings” for living room and all your friends and guests will get impressed. They will be amazed by the creative wooden picture .
Supplies you may need:
• a picture printed on a regular piece of paper;
• a block of wood (smooth, sanded wood is recommended);
• gel medium;
• Mod Podge.
1. Begin with covering the piece of wood with the gel medium and place the paper with the picture facing down.
2. With your hand, smooth out the entire surface of the paper, getting rid of the bubbles in the process. Leave to dry overnight.
3. The next day, get a slightly wet cloth and soak the paper with it. Make sure there aren’t any spots left un-soaked. You will notice then how easily the paper comes off, leaving the picture underneath imprinted on the piece of wood.
4. Continue to rub with your fingers until it all comes off.
5. Take the cloth and clean any residue of paper off the wood.
6. Finally, cover the entire picture with some Mod Podge and let to dry for a bit. You’re done and enjoy your decoration !
Get the video tutorial at here…