Many of us still have plenty of old CDs in our homes. CDs or DVDs scratched beyond recognition that you’ve watched a few hundred too many times and never will again. Now you must be thinking of throwing them out. Throwing them is not a good idea because with a little creativity you can turn these CDs or DVDs into useful items. You can re-purpose or recycle them.
So here is a nice recycling DIY ideas to make creative use of your old CDs or DVDs – DIY Mosaic Kitchen Back Splash. This backs plash is truly impressive.Your kitchen will look awesome. When light shines on it, it creates beautiful colorful light shows that change depending on where you are standing in relation to it. Its reflective qualities bring more light to the space, actually minimizing the need to use artificial light when working in the kitchen during the day. One of its most rewarding qualities however is that it was basically made from trash – CDs that no longer had any use. Do you have other ideas or tips & tricks for how to reuse CDs? Feel free to share them with us in the comments.
Get the full tutorial via the link…
Here are more Super Exciting Ideas to Recycle Old CDs and DVDs :
1. DIY Mosaic Birdbath With Recycled CDs
2. DIY Candle Holder With Recycled CDs and marbles . The result is very beautiful and impressive because the candle/the bulb lights glow(s) through the balls!
3.DIY Mosaic Disco Ball With Old CDs.
What you need:
- A Styrofoam ball;
- Craft scissors or kitchen shears;
- String or hook;
- Hot glue gun;
- Colored permanent markers (optional).
How to do:
- Cut the CDs into small square pieces.
- Tie a string around the Styrofoam ball or install a hook on the ball.
- Start by gluing the square pieces from the center of the Styrofoam ball. Continue until the Styrofoam ball is covered.
- Paint with permanent markers to create a multi-colored effect.
- Hang the disco ball and get ready to dance!
4. Make a Peacock with Old CDs and Tire, image via Domovenokk.ru .